Welcome to the rukristin papercrafts inaugural Holiday Extravaganza Blog Party.
Visit the main page for challenges, games, & inspiration from crafters around the world.[divider_double]
Document Right Now
It’s so much fun to go back and see what music I was listening to, what TV shows I was watching, what books I had on my desk and whatever else was important at that moment.
If you’re feeling stuck here is a printable journaling prompt download I created a while back that goes perfectly with Challenge #3.
5 Tips to Capturing Your Right Now
- Don’t Limit Yourself. Create a mini-book; create a layout; create an altered canvas; create an art journaling page. Make sure to use some of your favorite supplies, whatever they are. It will really help to bring your personality through to the project.
- Jot Down Notes. Its much easier to plan out your project if you spend a couple of minutes writing out your thoughts and creating a little outline. If you’re stuck on ideas,use the .pdf prompt to help you come up with journaling topics.
- Don’t Overthink It. Don’t spend too much time trying to make this the perfect list. Odds are if you can’t come up with it in a couple of minutes, its not super important to your life right now, and you can always add
- Everything is Relevant. Don’t worry if you think your journaling/your likes will be irrelevant in the future. You’re not coming up with your all-time favorite of favorites list; you’re trying to to create a snapshot of your likes during a specific moment in time.
- Do It Often. The best part about capturing the right now is that its always changing! Get in the habit of documenting your current favorites and you’ll have a great collection of memories to compare with each other!
For This Challenge: Create a project documenting right now. IT could be a layout about your favorite TV show, a mini-album of your daily routine, or a project life spread showing off a week in your life — when documenting your life, anything goes!
- Leave a comment in that challenge post with a link to a photo of your completed challenge entry. Feel free to link blog posts, instagram photos, or any way in which you can share your photographed entry.
- For every challenge you complete, you will receive one entry into the prize pool.
- Projects must be new and not completed before the start of the party.
- You may combine challenges, but you will only earn a prize entry for each individual project.
- Challenge entries will close Monday, December 2nd at 11:59pm EST.
Visit the Holiday Extravaganza Challenge page for full details on all the challenges, including prizes, deadlines, and more.[divider_double]
This challenge is sponsored by 30 Days of Lists.
30 Days of Lists (my favorite online journaling challenge) is gearing up for special December Edition!
If you’re new to 30 Days of Lists, here’s a little background info: 30 Days of Lists is a semi-annual challenge run by Amy of Lemon & Raspberry and Kam of Campfire Chic. Amy & Kam believe (and me too) that this challenge ‘is perfect for those of you who don’t feel very creative right now — because a list is easy to make, and we’re firm believers that there is no wrong way to make a list‘. After begging and pleading from the 30 Days of Lists community, Amy and Kam decided to run a special December edition of 30 Days of Lists![divider_double]