Everybody needs a lady journal.
Sometimes I just want to play around with my crafty supplies and create something in one sitting that doesn’t have any rules, requirements, or restrictions. I just want to art.
Recently I made my own lady journal with some sheets of cardstock and the February Oh Deer Me kit. I pulled some photos from my most recent Groovebook (the thinner paper is great for art journaling), bound some cardstock with twine, and then went to town on the book.
It felt really good to get the creativity flowing and just get stuff out of my head and onto paper.
How to create your own lady journal
- 4-6 sheets of thin cardstock (I used the computer paper kind)
- Hole Punch
- Art Supplies
- Fold each sheet of cardstock in half lengthwise.
- Punch holes 1″ from the top and 1″ from the bottom along each fold.
- Stack pages together, string the twine through the holes 3-4 times, and tie the twine together on the outside of the book.
- Decorate your pages as necessary!
- Add photos and journaling and paint and anything you want — this is your lady journal.
Supplies Used: 8.5×11 white cardstock, Hero Arts Neon paint daubers, February Oh Deer Me kit
I plan on creating my own lady journal at least once a month — probably using a different base each time. It’s a great activity to bring out into the living room and binge watch House of Cards or Sherlock to.
I’m just really into the idea of pulling out supplies that I really want to use, and then just focusing on using those supplies, instead of getting caught up in all of the other things. Added Bonus — just playing around with new supplies helps you learn how to integrate them into your normal, everyday use stuff. So worth it.