Take five minutes to tell your ‘right-now’ story.
What are you currently reading, watching, and loving? Write it down![divider_double]
In late 2012, I was playing around with the idea of a weekly journaling introspective that was super easy to complete. I created a simple journaling card with the prompts already listed. Each week I grab a card and spend just a few minutes filling it out.
Over the past year, the #CurrentlyList community has exploded on instagram and in our brand new facebook group. Today I am excited to have Elizabeth from handmade:modern here to share her Currently List!
Community Member: Elizabeth
I’ve been scrapbooker for a long time; at least 20 years. I started off with full 12×12 product-heavy layouts. My albums were huge and full of pretty stuff, but they lacked storytelling.
Over the past few years, I’ve been using Project Life (tweaked to fit my routine/lifestyle) to make sure I’m capturing the here-and-now of it all. The truth? Sometimes I get behind; big time. During those times, I love that the Currently List Challenge keeps me honest.
Every week, I grab a currently card (I typically print a sheet at a time) and jot down my “right-now” details. I have a note on my calendar every week, so I don’t forget. I try to use the featured card at least once each month (to give my Project Life spreads some variety), but I’ve used Rocket Gray the most (gray is the new black!).
The Currently List Challenge has forced me to stay involved in my own storytelling.
My kids will be able to look at our family albums and be reminded that I, too, had good days, bad days and interests of my own.
This past week, my kids and I spent a few days at a nearby lake while my husband was on a business trip. Mid-week, I filled out my card and snapped a quick pic with my phone (I also included this cute and appropriate rubber banner)!
Elizabeth is a maker and blogger based just outside of Seattle. She’s an avid keeper of memories and loves using Project Life and minibooks to document her not-so-mundane life with her husband and offspring (ranging in ages from 20 to 3). You can catch up with her on Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter.
How to Get Started:
- Download the FREE Currently Journaling Card: Original Edition
- Fill out your Currently List journaling card (or create your own).
- Share your list with our awesome community on Instagram/Twitter or in our new Facebook Group.
- Branch out with this month’s FEATURED Currently List journaling card, or Currently Stamps.
This Month’s Featured Card:
- Physical Cards will only be available during the month they are featured.
- Digital Cards will have promotional pricing (Only $1) during the month they are featured.
- Check out the Currently List Journaling Card catalog for a look at all the Currently Journaling Cards that have been released.