Welcome to the My Details Blog Hop!
My Details is the new collaborative memory-keeping workshop from Megan Anderson (The Nerd Nest) and myself. Today we are blog hopping with some of our favorite friends, sharing our take on a My Details Workshop Bonus Prompt.
A little bit about the workshop:
Megan (from the Nerd Nest) and I have teamed up to help you document your details. With amazing pre-classroom materials that will help you get comfortable documenting yourself and 10 detailed prompts to help you record the important areas of your life, you’ll be inspired to document yourself in a meaningful way.
Use the 10 prompts to document about your right now self or use them to document about you from the past. For this workshop Megan and I have done both and we will inspire you with 40+ takes on the prompts. Between the two of us, we’ll be covering mini-book pages, pocket page spreads, traditional layouts, and more!
Return to these prompts again and again to document your details; even return to them later to document the details of others!
Whether you’re a blogger, a mini book maker, a journaler, a pocket scrapbooker, or a traditional scrapbooker, we’ve got ideas for you to make sure you are telling YOUR story and YOUR details in your memory keeping!
Bonus Prompt: Thinking
The My Details Workshop has 10 prompts to get you documenting the important details of your life. As a bonus, today we’re sharing our takes on a bonus prompt: Thinking.
There are so many ways to use this prompt. You can use one of these suggestions to document the prompt or you can come back and do several of them!
Here are a few ways to use the prompt thinking:
- Document what has been on your mind lately
- Write about how your brain works
- Reflect on your thoughts on a specific topic, current event, or belief
- List things you used to obsess over
- Use a pie chart to represent how much of your thoughts are dedicated to the things you think about most
- Use this prompt as positive self talk and write about why you think you’re awesome
- As an emotional release, write down the things you think about that bother you. Sometimes getting thoughts out on paper can give them less real estate in your head
- Write about your personal philosophy: what you think about the world around you and the big questions
- Interpret how your upbringing or culture affects the way you think
- Your own take on the prompt
For my album, I’m using my Notebook Kit combined with the Freckled Fawn April OhDeerMe Kit (scroll down for subscription giveaway info!). I added a picture of myself, stamped space for the title, and then added all of my journaling on a kraft tag on the opposite page.
I’m keeping this album minimalist and concentrating directly on what I’m thinking in the moment.
Bonus: Exclusive Partnership with Freckled Fawn
Megan and I are so excited to be partnering up with Freckled Fawn and working with their OhDeerMe April Embellishment kit for our ‘right-now’ MyDetails projects. We will be showcasing over 20 projects with the April Embellishment kit.
There is a giveaway for a 3-MONTH OHDEERME KIT SUBSCRIPTION on the MyDetails private blog. This giveaway will be open through the end of TODAY! Register today for your chance at this SOLD OUT kit.
Blog Hop List
- Megan @ The Nerd Nest
- Kristin @ rukristin (You Are Here)
- Manda @ Mandalika Designs
- Kristin @ My Life as a Teacup
- Elizabeth @ Handmade Modern
- Katie @ Punk Projects
- Allie @ Alexandra Rae Designs
- Laura @ Mac Girl’s Adventures
- Fibi @ Fibi Scraps
- Michelle @ Table for Five
- Christy @ My Scrapbook Evolution
- Amanda @ Amanda Rose Blog
- Whitney @ Modern Whit
- Trina @ Feed the Birdies
- Kellie @ Give a Girl a Blog