Today I’m sharing a DIY Mini-Album. I created this mini-album out of a single sheet of 12×12 kraft cardstock, a few journaling cards, and the Silver Linings Embellishment Kit from Freckled Fawn. This kit was released on July first and has fabulous bright colors for summer. Along with the kit, there is a rukristin + Freckled Fawn an add-on Stamp Set collaboration, perfect for telling all your summer stories.
- One sheet of 12×12 cardstock trimmed into three 4×12 strips (I used two in this project).
- Wide washi tape. The tape in the kit is triple wide and perfect for this application.
- Journaling Cards/Patterned Paper (I used ABM Messy Box from June)
- Stamp Set: This is My Story by rukristin
- Embellishments: I used Silver Linings Embellishment Kit
- Black Ink: Versafine Black
- Journaling Pen
- Trim two sheets of kraft cardstock to 4×12.
- Fold sheets in half.
- Stack sheets on top of one another
- Bind with wide washi tape at the seams
- Add journaling card to the center with the same method
I added 4×4 photos throughout the album. I focused mainly on photos I took and shared on instagram throughout the month of June. I picked out pictures with lots of green colors and used that as one of the main themes throughout the project.
I added journaling lines with a thick black pen, and then went in and did my journaling with a thinner pen. I’ve been using the American Crafts Precision Pen (I first picked them up for the FYV kit). I really like how my handwriting looks with this pen, and it’s super comfortable to hold and write with.
I sprinkled embellishments throughout the album, using them to add to my narrative. I try to use embellishments in a way that they support the narrative instead of distracting from it. I’m drawn to label stickers, tabs, small stickers, etc.
These books are easy to put together in an crafternoon. It’s a great technique to have in your scrapbooking and memory-keeping arsenal.
If you have any questions about this project, let me know!
More About the Kit: Silver Linings
Watch the unboxing video to check out all the cool stuff the kit has to offer.
Start a subscription or buy your Silver Linings kit here.