FAQs & Insta-Questions.
Highlights of the best and most frequently asked questions. There are so many awesome feminist scrapbook conversations happening all over the place, whether it’s over on instagram, in the rukristin classroom, in our everyday conversations, or wherever else the Awesome Ladies are hanging out. I’ll be highlighting my favorite questions here blog. You can also check out the entire FAQ catalog of posts, along with some general rukristin FAQs on the main FAQ page located here, or by clicking FAQs in the header.
Question: What is that big pink adhesive roller? How do you use it?
Answer: The big pink adhesive roller is a Scotch Advanced Tape Gun (ATG). It was originally designed for professional framers, but has since become a staple in the paper-crafting adhesive market. They’re available at big-box stores and on Amazon.com; the refills as well. It looks a lot more complicated than it is. Once you use it a couple of times (refilling it is the hardest part, but there are YouTube videos to help) it’ll be just like every other tool you own.
- Long-lasting: The tape rolls are about three times as long as tape runner refills, so you’re refilling it less often.
- Economical: The price per foot is much cheaper than traditional tape runners.
- Strong: The adhesive is super strong and is great for heavy-duty tasks.
- Easy-to-Find: If you keep a messy desk, the big pink gun is pretty hard to cover up.
- Bulky: It’s a big tool and can be indelicate at times.
- Learning-Curve: It is a tool and it does take a little bit of time getting used to.
- Unforgiving: The adhesive is super permanent, so mistakes can be annoying.
I love my ATG gun. While it’s definitely not the only adhesive I use, it’s definitely at the top of the rotation. It’s awesome for bulk jobs like mini-albums, or card making.
Do you have a question that you’d like to see highlighted in an FAQ blog post? Contact me and let me know!