There’s been a meme going around the internet for the past few days, challenging you to describe yourself in three fictional characters. I spent a solid twenty-four hours coming up with my three fictional characters. The first two, Dany and Leslie, came to me immediately. But I was having a difficult time coming up with that third character that would really round out my especially awkward moments and my infinite loop of puberty-brain. Cue Tina (obviously). Who would you choose if you had to describe yourself in three fictional characters?
This is a fabulous scrapbook/art journal prompt. I love that it makes you think introspectively, but also then put it into terms that other people can understand. This is one of my biggest goals when it comes to scrapbooking. While I’m definitely not scrapbooking for anyone in particular aside from myself, I do like to use my scrapbooks as an outward expression of myself. It’s the way I want to be seen by the world, and introspective pop culture memes are a great way to express who you are right now.
Here’s a little bit more about my three fictional characters and why I chose them:
TV: Game of Thrones (HBO)
Reasons I chose Dany:
- She’s the epitome of Machiavelli’s The Prince, which is my favorite book of all time.
- She is fierce, but just.
- She uses her womanhood to be the best leader possible.
- She believes in herself and her own power.
- She’s clever, much to the detriment of her enemies.
- She listens to council before she decides what the best course of action is.
- She lives by a code.
- She has excellent taste in sexual partners.
TV: Bob’s Burgers (FOX)
Reasons I chose Tina:
- She’s awkward but confident.
- She has raging hormones.
- She’s super earnest.
- She has the best words of wisdom.
- She loves her little sister, no matter how evil she might be.
- She wants everyone to get along.
- She’s a smart, strong, sensual woman.
- She is wise beyond her years.
TV: Parks & Recreations (NBC)
Reasons I chose Leslie:
- She has a ‘Binder of Forms’ from the Parks Department, which is just like one I made for myself when I worked for the government.
- She expects a lot from the people around her.
- She loves giving over the top presents and celebrating her friends.
- She believes in the power of government.
- She believes in the power of women.
- She has meaningful friendships with a bunch of different people.
- She works hard at work worth doing.
These shows are all streaming either on HBO (Game of Thrones) or Netflix (all of Parks & Rec and previous seasons of Bob’s Burgers) so you can check out more about the three fictional characters that best describe me. Join us in the Awesome Ladies Facebook Group and let us know what three fictional characters best describe you.