Kristin of rukristin and Megan of The Nerd Nest believe in the power of telling your story.
MyDetails: Citizenship Edition encourages you to tell the story of who you are.
The story of you is also a story of where you are from, where you live, your culture, and who you are as a citizen. With this workshop, you’ll document the details of yourself as a community member (whether it be national, regional, or local) as well as how the details of your culture/society impact your life. No matter what your citizen-story looks like, this workshop will help you document the details that are most meaningful to you.
Megan and Kristin have teamed up once again for a civic, culture, and citizen-based edition of their much-loved MyDetails workshop series. This workshop is for anyone who wants to document the details of their life through the lens of civic duty and citizenship — whether it be about the love you have for the city you live in, or the tussle between the countries of your ancestors — you have a unique citizenship story, and you’re the only person to document the details.
We’ve had such a good time putting this workshop together, and we are so excited to share our citizenship stories with you. Megan will be taking a Kansas City approach and documenting her hometown details. Kristin will be taking an All-American route and documenting the details that make her proud to be an American.
No matter what your citizen-story looks like. No matter what your relationship with your space and your place in this world looks like. Your details deserve to be documented, and you’re the only one who can do it.
The MyDetails: Citizenship Edition contains ten brand-new creative prompts to document you and your citizenship life. No matter what your style, you’ll find inspiration in more than 30 unique MyDetails: Citizenship Edition projects, exclusive to this workshop.
Whether you’re a blogger, a mini book maker, an art-journaler, a scrapbooker, or any other creative or wannabe-creative person, we’ve got the best ideas to make sure you are telling YOUR story and documenting YOUR details in your memory keeping!
Upon registering, you’ll be sent an email containing your MyDetails: Citizenship Edition Welcome Packet. This colorful PDF will be your guide through this self-paced email-based workshop. Lessons will be delivered to your inbox twice a week, on Wednesdays and Saturdays, and the private Facebook group is already open.
About the Instructors
Megan’s personal superpower is memory keeping, and it can be yours too! We only have one life to live and memories so easily slip into the ether. By using photos and words to record what we do, think, and feel, we can look back to everything we may otherwise forget;, which feels like gaining extra life. Getting to express creativity with papers, embellishments, and art techniques is a bonus!
She is passionate about helping women document their lives through photos, stories, and pretty paper supplies. She uses her iPhone and her ‘big girl’ camera on her adventures around the US well as during her everyday life in their mid-century modern midwest home.
When she’s not scrapbooking, taking photos, or blogging, Kristin loves cooking farm-to-table cuisine, Friday Night Dinner parties, & video games.
MyDetails Welcome Packet PDF includes:
- Information to set up your email delivery
- Helpful tips to aid you in preparing for the prompts
- Introduction to the class concept and instructors
- Ideas for different methods of tackling the class prompts with blogging, mini books, pocket albums, and traditional scrapbooking pages to help you decide how you’d like to contain your details
- Access to the private MyDetails: Citizenship Edition Facebook Community
- Instructions on how to participate with the class community via Facebook, Instagram, and more
- Information to access the classroom archives
Each MyDetails: Citizenship Edition Email includes:
- Detailed suggestions for interpretations of each prompt, making each prompt something you can return to for inspiration again and again
- Creative interpretations of each prompt from both Megan and Kristin
- Bonus interpretations and takes from collaborators around the world
- Design and documentation tips with each project from Megan and Kristin
- Email access to instructors
- Direct link to the private MyDetails: Citizenship Edition Facebook group
- Workshop hashtag & links to MyDetails projects on Instagram and Twitter
Additionally, the MyDetails: Citizenship Edition Workshop ALSO includes:
- Private live chat with Megan & Kristin in late October (archived video will be available for all students after live chat)
- A total of 30+ exclusive creative projects based on the ten prompts from Megan, Kristin, and special guests
- Secret Facebook group for all students, contributors, and instructors to share projects, chat about the prompts, and ask questions amongst the community
- Email access to instructors
- Classroom archive containing all workshop content, printables, and downloads.
- Guaranteed access to classroom archives for at least one year (you’ll have access to your emails as long as you choose to keep them)
When you purchase the MyDetails: Citizenship Edition workshop, within 24 hours, you will receive a Welcome Packet PDF via email that will give you all the information you need to get started. The first prompt will be sent to your email address on Wednesday, October 26th.
This workshop is self-paced, so you will be able to work on the content any time that works for you.
If you run into any issues or do not receive your welcome packet (check your spam folder) please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for prompt customer service.