Mother’s Day is just around the corner, and I still have no idea what I’m getting my mom or Jeff’s mom, or any other mother-related person. But I’ve spent some time looking around the internet (way too much time on Pinterest) and I’ve found a couple of really great ideas that would work for any Mother’s Day gift.
- DIY Polaroid Display: A new tutorial from me on the Persnickety Prints blog. This is a quick and inexpensive DIY project that you can easily complete in an hour without breaking the bank.
- Bath Bombs: Recipes for DIY bath bombs and other beauty products. Make these at home for a fraction of the retail cost.
- Mini-Album/Scrapbook: The Fold It In workshop shows how to make a complete mini-book in less than an hour. Make a book for everyone on your list. The workshop itself makes a great gift too, pair it up with the Fold It In kit and moms will have everything they need to make their own brag book. Save $5 on $40 at shop.rukristin.com with code: NSD.
- Blurb Book: Blurb Designer Instant book template makes a professional quality photo book filled with memories for mom. Instant Books are easy to create, take about an hour, and start at just $12.99. Save 20% with promo code LOVEYOUMOM valid through 5/10/13!
- 25 Gifts Under $5: the36thavenue.com came up with this great round-up of 25 gifts to make under $5. Tons of great ideas for gifts on the cheap.
- Free Mini-Courses from Craftsy: Craftsy is now offering free mini-classes that would be a great gift for mom! I think my mom would love a mini craft-class, its great for anyone who who might have have the time or the money to invest in a full course. The two that I’m looking at for my mom are: Modern Buttercream and Perfect Pizza at Home. I’ll pick up some supplies on amazon or at the craft store so she can get started right away.