Welcome to the rukristin papercrafts inaugural Holiday Extravaganza Blog Party.
Visit the main page for challenges, games, & inspiration from crafters around the world.[divider_double]
December Daily Foundation Pages
I’ve been talking a lot lately about my December Daily album. I’ve gone on and on about how much I look forward to putting together my album each year and I’m today I’m sharing the foundation pages for this year’s album.
This album will document my December. I plan on focusing on a single story each day. If I’m able to scrapbook the story on that day — great, if not I’ll jot down a note in my album using these Basic Grey Capture Days of the Week notepad insert (kind of the coolest thing ever, it goes right into the album).
December Daily is a daily album project created by Ali Edwards, documenting the twenty-five days before Christmas. Putting together my December Daily has been a favorite holiday tradition as well as a favorite memory-keeping project. Creating a daily album forces me to take the holiday a little slower, taking joy in those little moments that make it special. I just recently added the finishing touches and shared last year’s album.
The last weekend of November 2013 — just in time for December.
I love pocket page protectors and so this year I’ve decided to go with a Basic Grey Capture album and use lot of divided page protectors. For my color palette I’ve chosen a lot of white space with bright colors and pops of glitter.
Number of Pages:
Right now it has 26 semi-embellished pages. I imagine there will be inserts and more pages added throughout the month.
- Keeping it clear. I used several transparencies and left a few pockets empty to create the feeling of a lighter, more delicate album. I’ve found that 25 days worth of pictures, memorabilia and journaling can make for a very bulky album and I’m hoping this helps to counteract that.
- The Basic Grey Attach-Me stickers are pretty amazing. Just add them to any paper, memorabilia, etc and stick them in any ring-binder. I’m thinking I’ll definitely use these to add some of my favorite holiday cards into the album.
- Bright Colors. Pink, teal and green are my go to holiday colors. Coupled with a lot of white and pops of glitter, the whole album is super fun already.
- 30 Days of Lists I’ll be incorporating my #30lists into my December Daily album. Each day I’ll be writing my list on these black/white numbered journaling cards I designed specifically for 30 Days of Lists. These cards are available in my shop in both physical and digital form.
- If you have a question — ask in the comments! I could go on about this album forever, and I’d love to tell you anything you’d like to know. If you have any questions about my album, leave a comment below.
- Basic Grey Capture Album
- Basic Grey Page Protectors
- Studio Calico Handbook Page Protectors
- #30Lists Kit
- Basic Grey Attach Me Stickers
- Basic Grey Days of the Week notepad insert
- Kelly Purkey December Kit
- rukristin Days Flair & Months Flair
- Stuff from my stash that I’ve been collecting over the last couple of months
Scroll down for the entire album.
What are your holiday colors?
Thanks so much for stopping by and checking out one of my mini-albums, they’re my favorite projects to create. I’m passionate about mini-albums and if you’re interested in more mini-album inspiration, posts can be found here.
Play along using hashtag #holidayextravaganza.
Celebrate with 30% off everything in the rukristin shop.