We’ve been here about a month now and we’ve spent pretty much all of our time fixing up the house. I love this house. It’s amazing — which is super important to a homebody introvert like me. It’s just so open and flowy – mid-century, beautiful, and cool in so many ways.
We’ve been working on a million and one projects around the house; undoing some of the interesting choices made by the previous owners (green ceilings what???).
We decided to put up pegboard in the office to keep the shop inventory super accessible as we expand the shop offerings over the next few months. The shop will re-open on September 1st with faster turnaround time and cheaper shipping options for most domestic customers (the joys of being more centrally located).
In the last week I’ve been able to put a real dent in organizing my scrapbook studio and getting back to creating on a regular basis.
I shared my first official Michigan #kdeskshot. It’ll be interesting to see how these change over the next couple of weeks. I already feel a lot lighter and happier in the new place, and I’m thinking that the new photos will start to really reflect that.
I’ll be sharing different aspects of my new studio space over the next coming months. My plan is to go through each area and talk about how I’m using it, what organizational supplies I’m using, and anything else that might be fun and interesting.
I’m really excited to be back in the swing of things both here on the blog, and in rukristin papercrafts design and shop stuff as well. I’m super thrilled to be working on plans for some of my favorite projects like the Currently List Journaling Challenge, Thursday3, and the Awesome Ladies Project.
There are a couple of cool things coming up that I’d like to share:
- 30 Days of Lists is back for September, there will be a blog hop tomorrow, feel free to play along!
- I designed label stickers for Freckled Fawn. I am kind of obsessed with them, I’ve been using them non-stop since I got them a few weeks ago. You can pick them up in the FF shop.
- I’ve been working for the past few months on a new newsletter format called: Letters to my Friends. I’ve always had trouble with newsletters and emails because I never feel comfortable with my tone, but I’m excited to be writing ‘letters’ each week and starting a more personal dialog with my newsletter readers (sign up for the newsletter here).
- I have two new Currently Journaling Challenge products coming out in the next few weeks (there’s a little sneak below). I’ve had these under wraps for what feels like forever and I am so excited to be getting them out there into the world.
- Friday night is Awesome Ladies Project night. Join in on the fun and pledge two hours to working on a project that makes you feel awesome. Details at awesomeladiesproject.com.
- I’d really like to get into letter writing and handmade card making and sending (now that I’m 1000 miles from pretty much everyone I know) and I’d love to make a few new pen pals too. Drop me a line at: rukristin, PO Box 4223, East Lansing, MI 48826 and I’ll make sure to send you some happy mail back :)