Ten Things: A New Writing Challenge
Ten Things: A New Personal Writing Challenge
Ten Things is a new writing challenge I’m taking on. Writing terrifies me. It’s absolutely paralyzing at times — but nothing makes me feel more powerful. I need to write more, and even more than that I need to write about my life and the things that I’m thinking right now. After my success with challenge projects like my Currently List Journaling Challenge and Thursday3 Selfie Photo Challenge, I thought maybe a challenge might be the way to go once again. #k10things
What I want this to be:
- A reason to make me write
- A way to put writing about myself into my routine
- A way I can document my life from week to week
Ten Things | May 24th, 2015
- Mad Max: Fury Road was incredible. Charlize Theron is my hero. Imperator Furiosa Forever. The subtle, yet fully-realized world of the film made the political message just that more potent.
- The Mad Men finale was incredible. [spoiler alert] Peggy’s ending just made me have all the feels. And HollowayHarris?? Could it get any better than that?
- It’s the best temperature outside. On sunny days, I’ve been waking up a little bit early and hanging out in the hammock reading Mark Z. Danielewski’s The Familiar Vol 1. It’s weird and I’m loving it so far.
- I got my Get To Workbook from Elise Joy this week. I’m in love with it so far. The design is really my shit and the pages feel really fantastic. Yes, it’s pricey — but that’s what it costs for a small print run of something like that in the United States, and that’s the kind of stuff that I want to support.
- Our friend Chris brought over a new card game, Paperback, it’s a deck-building + word-building game that’s both casual and competitive at the same time.
- We watched A Few Good Men last night after our BBQ, and I spent most of the night trying to figure out who would be the best cast members for the NBC Live Event they’re planning on doing in the future (fingers crossed for James Spader as Col. Markinson).
- J and I have spent the last few months re-watching The Wire on HBO Go and we have two episodes left in the series. I kind of don’t want to watch them, I want to savor the series just a little while longer. It’s a beautiful, funny, and incredibly progressive show — highly recommended.
- I’ve also been craving football. The Giants got some bad injury news this week, so I’m a little bummed out — but rumors of them on the Hard Knocks short list is making me a happy girl.
- Speaking of HBO and football — that new show Ballers with The Rock (and like a million others) is high on my ‘things I’m looking forward to’ on television list. Also on that list: Orange is the New Black, True Detective, and a few other things that my tired brain can’t think of right now.
- I’m excited for this new writing challenge. Writing really scares the shit out of me, and I think this is a great way for me to break free from that a bit. It will also help me get some of my random thoughts out on to paper — and I’ll eventually be able to turn those random thoughts into short paragraphs — and those short paragraphs into essays — and so on and so forth.
Thanks for indulging me! Hope you’re having a great week.
Lots of love,