The following is a guest post from rukristin Creative Team member Shayne. Today Shayne is sharing a two page Project Life ™ spread using some rukristin supplies.
Hello all! My latest project is a two-page spread for my weekly Project Life. I’m currently up to week 40 of this year, because I try to stay pretty caught-up. I am one of those people who gets more discouraged the more behind they get, so I try to keep as up-to-date as possible!
This spread is a bit atypical for me, because I am not truly a fan of pastels. In my dress and much of my creative endeavors, I tend to stick more to bright colors…and black, LOL. But I felt that many of this week’s pictures lent themselves to a more washed-out look, so I went with teal (a regular theme in my crafts, and even in my home décor) and pink.
I actually put this layout off for longer than usual, because I had an idea for this “title card” that I wasn’t sure would translate well into reality. I wanted my week label to look like it was on the two heart balloons, and I wasn’t sure I could pull it off. I gave it some thought, gave myself a pep talk, and went for Versamark watermark ink and clear embossing powder…and it turned out perfectly! I used the Basic Days and Basic Numbers sets for the week number, and they fit “on” the balloons exactly. I love it when something I imagine comes out just as I saw it in my mind…it’s all-too-rare an occurrence, haha.
One of my favorite things to take photos of is my dog, Cheeto…so of course, there’s one of her just being adorable. It’s really what she’s best at (that and licking things/people…she’s so weird). I added the banner from the Relationships set, stamped and then cut out by my Silhouette Cameo.
Sometimes, I am almost done with a layout, and there’s just something…missing. One card is too blank, or a piece I chose just isn’t the right color/size. I had this problem with the bottom-left 3×3 card…I didn’t want to leave that arrow chipboard on the striped card by itself, but nothing else really fit, either. I rooted through all my supplies; nothing. I cogitated on the situation for a few days, trying not to let it “ruin” my idea of the layout (I can get really perfectionist sometimes…). Finally, I figured out how to fix it: A little vellum circle behind it! And for a touch of texture and interest, I stamped the circle label from the Currently List set in Staz-On Opaque Cotton White. It’s subtle, but I really think it adds something. I finally felt good about that card!
P.S. to all: Yes, this post feels a little “meta,” since this layout includes the day that I found out I was accepted into the rukristin Creative Team, and my total joy in hearing the news, LOL! But that’s truly what I love about scrapbooking: the all-encompassing nature of the documentation. I never want to forget how I felt at that moment, and now I never will!
Shayne can be found on Instagram @shaynebundy, or at shaynebundy.com/blog, where she posts photos of her crafts, her adventures in NYC…and also her adorable dog, Cheeto.