As a professional memory-keeper and public life-documenter, sometimes I’m afforded the wonderful opportunity to work alongside amazing people from all over the world. Today I’m excited to be talking about my ambassadorship with handmade camera strap company Bluebird Chic.
As most of you know, I’m not a huge fan of late-stage capitalism and corporate America. That’s why I believe in small businesses, buying handmade and local when possible, and generally trying to put your money where your mouth is.
Bluebird Chic is a handmade business located in the greater Miami area specializing in high-quality scarf camera straps designed to keep you stylish and comfortable while you work or travel with your camera. This week, over on the Bluebird Chic blog is my Ambassador Spotlight and you can learn a lot more about my own journey as a small business owner.
- It’s really well made. High-quality designer fabric. High-quality attachments. I love using it to secure my camera because I know it’s not going anywhere.
- They’re gorgeous. I can wear my camera with any outfit and I don’t need to worry about taking it off and storing it away when someone else wants to snap a nice photograph.
- They’re made by an awesome lady. Leah creates these amazing straps and has an incredible eye for style, design, craft, and technique. I love supporting women who rock at what they do.
Here’s a photo of me with my most recent camera strap in action.
Here are a couple of the projects I’ve created for the Bluebird Chic blog throughout my Ambassador term.
- Handmade Holiday DIY Gift Scrapbooks
- Geek Pride: Make Your Own Fangirl Scrapbook
- DIY Thursday3 Scrapbook
- 5 Tips for Taking Great Selfies
Save 20% on my favorite camera strap (the camera strap in the picture above) through the end of the week.